Why Build a Custom Home?
After making the decision to move into a new house, you usually have two options. The first is to move into a previously occupied, cookie-cutter production home. While this may initially seem to be a more convenient and a quicker way to find a new residence, it also comes with some obstacles. In buying a new home, you’re unaware of any underlying issues the house may have. Real estate agents and homeowners tend to sweep these problems under the rug to get the sale through as soon as possible, leaving you to make the realization after it’s too late. The other problem with buying an existing house is that it was built for someone else, not for you!
Choosing to build a custom home comes with many benefits, just a few of which are mentioned below:
- Energy Efficiency - When you have a custom home built for you, it allows for updated and modern technologies and homebuilding methods to be utilized. With better insulation, windows, sealing, and even the possibility for solar power, energy efficiency has become typical in custom houses. And did we mention that we have won the “Most Energy Efficient Home of the New Millennium” award?
- Cost - While many people believe that buying an existing home saves money, that’s simply not the case. With the effect of time on the homes, you’ll be spending money on renovations, repairs, as well as higher utilities due to the aforementioned energy efficiency.
- Appliances - Speaking of saving money, when having the ability to choose the appliances that you want in your new custom home, you’ll know that there is no need for repairs on wiring, drains, pipes, etc. Not only this, but during the build you’ll be able to decide exactly where you want your appliances and the house will be built accordingly.
- Location - One large perk of building your own home is that you get to decide where it goes. Whether you already own a lot, or get to research the areas that you’d like to move, the location will be just as custom as the home itself.
- Sentimental Value - The main benefit to building your own luxury home from the ground up is obviously the personalization and the sentimental value that comes with knowing that your home was built for you. It doesn’t resemble your neighbors, it doesn’t have odd rooms or corners, and it reflects your own lifestyle and personality. Through your involvement in every step of the homebuilding process, not only will you have a beautiful house to call home, but you’ll have a sense of accomplishment knowing that you built the home of your dreams.
We pride ourselves on being the leaders of custom home building in Northern Colorado. With our focus on customer satisfaction, our solid relationships with the most trusted suppliers and contractors in the industry, and nearly three decades of experience, Classic Custom Builders is your best choice when you’ve decided to build your dream home. If you’re ready to get started, don’t hesitate to contact us now!